Post-punkers Post War Glamour Girls have detailed the release of their third album, shared a brand new track, and announced a UK tour to boot.
The follow up to 2015’s Feeling Strange – titled Swan Songs – is set for release in April. The album’s lead single “Chipper” can be streamed above.
“We decided with this album that we wanted to get lost during the recording process,” frontman James Smith explains of the group’s inspirations. “To let it consume us entirely throughout. No distractions from our day-to-day lives. No dashing mid-take to get to work on time. No phone calls from our landlords. No other commitments. Just two solid weeks of living it.”
“This record is the product of the band’s dependence on each other in isolation,” Smith continues. “It is a record of peace, love and understanding.”
Post War Glamour Girls will celebrate their album launch with a show at Leeds’ Brudenell Social Club on 21 April, before touring across the UK through May. Full details of the groups upcoming dates can be found below.
- 11 – Hebden Bridge, Trades Club (Come Play With Me all-dayer)
- 4 – Sheffield, The Harley – (Outlines Festival)
- 21 – Leeds, Brudenell Social Club (album launch show)
- 4 – Liverpool, Maguire’s Pizza Bar
- 6 – Wakefield, Crux
- 9 – Hull, The Polar Bear
- 10 – Sunderland, Pop Records
- 11 – Glasgow, Bar Bloc
- 12 – Newcastle, The Cluny
- 13 – York, The Fulford Arms
- 16 – Cambridge, The Portland Arms
- 17 – London, The Waiting Rooms
- 18 – Norwich, The Owl Sanctuary
- 19 – Birmingham, The Sunflower Lounge
- 20 – Manchester, Gullivers