There’s a captivating sweetness to everything Bruising create – and latest single “I Don’t Mind” is no different.
Dancing through the kind of reassurance that only comes when care is instinctive, the track is a blissful proclamation of enduring support. The verses face up to how hard it can be to admit you need help when “all I had to say was something dumb like I really need you,” whilst the choruses offer the sweet burst of relief that comfort can offer when it’s found.
Layered guitar lines forge a turbulent setting around Naomi Baguley’s dulcet vocals, searing refrains and delicate harmonies intertwining to create a track that proves to be just as spellbinding as it is storming.
“‘I don’t mind’ is a sweet phrase,” Baguley explains of the track. “It’s supportive and comforting, not as passive as it seems. Whatever you are going through or whatever you need to be – I don’t mind.”
“I Don’t Mind” is released with B-side “Rest In Peace Kurt Donald Cobain (1967-1994)” via Beech Coma on 2 December, and is available to pre-order now. A 7″ of the single will be released in January.
- 4 – Manchester, Fallow Café
- 3 – Nottingham, Rough Trade
- 4 – Brighton, Hope & Ruin
- 5 – Sheffield, Picturehouse Social
- 7 – Leeds, Brudenell Social Club
- 8 – Newcastle, Think Tank
- 9 – Bristol, Roll For The Soul
- 11 – Cambridge, The Blue Moon
- 12 – London, The Shacklewell Arms